Friday 24 February 2023

Today the late Birthday parcel arrived 🎁🎈🎉

 

🎁🎈🎉just had a videocall from Princess Leen, her birthday parcel arrived today. Her birthday missed despite posting early. The parcel caught up in Royal Mail cyberattack so took over a month to leave UK.  Belgium post delivered but because of Brexit an import duty charge was placed on the parcel. Even though declared gift, cadeau, geshenk and not e-commerce.  The Belgium customs follow the rules but I feel they would rather not have to charge. A gift becomes a burden to receiving loved ones when we send parcels from UK.  I have a way to reimburse Bushra.  But we must look at alternative solutions to birthday gifts..  Clearly it is better for me to book on cheap seat Eurostar offers and take treats from UK but also as I always do spend in Belgium economy when there.  8 years old though can you believe after our first meeting as a toddler in Eleonas camp..   She likes her gifts cool look T shirt, a super pen case with pens, calculator and workbook.  A princess reading book for both Leen and Celine to read together.. A fun Skating sticker book and a fairy sticker book for Celine ..plus fun socks.   Leen was telling me she had a go at skating in the Christmas park fair in Oostende... wish I had seen this .... I told her my skating is Star Trek style hhhhhh I clingon hhhh 
Feels so much better now she has the parcel.  We had time together over vidoecall..