Wednesday 4 September 2024

Parcel arrived no Brexit charge

A tracked customs declared gift parcel got through to Bushra's shop for  Leen & Celine.. 2 lovely trendy tops from Next Lombardy Shopping Centre Hayes and an illustrated children's book to enhance English reading. Leen fascinates me on her good reading skills with English & Nederlandse. She helps her younger sister Celine. Celine is becoming more confident in speaking English.  But these days we have less times on videocalls. I am unsure when I can visit Belgium again. I start my CPAP treatment for sleep apnoeas with an appointment early October at Harefield. The team say I should feel more energy with improved sleep patterns and improved oxygen sats. So hope I can keep my ability to travel for visits. Plus also need funds to travel-  given still outstanding lost 6 years  State Pension as 1950s born woman & drop in winter fuel payment raised fuel bills - its is tricky being an OAP in UK.   This such a contrast to better pensions in Belgium indeed around EU. I hope one day the girls will be able to visit me here in London. 

The book I sent is a good read as it very cleverly brings in how to create a garden for our insects & pollinators. I got this from Waterstones in Lombardy Centre Hayes.
Lol Lulu one of my cats looking at the book before I sent it.