Wednesday 9 March 2022

Language learning fun

 

This was useful for helping spelling Nederlandse words. Leen initiated writing the words down once she had completed. The other box of cards is Woorden & Vormen was brilliant too.. 30 cards with a middle detachable image of object and the name of the object on the lower edge. That I was able to involve Celine too. We learnt 3 of us playing so 30 divided into 10 cards each.. we shuffled the images and distributed them randomly between us. Then took turns to put the word card down say the name and see who had the image to fit. Completed cards kept as winning counts... 💗Celine won hhhhh (sorry no pics to show you we got absorbed in the fun of game) 
I also need to be sure Leen can read and write Arabic so I had fun getting her to spell 🦋 butterfly..Farasha in Arabic ..showed how I could type the Fa- ra -Alif - sheen - ha ...we had a laugh as at first I missed out the Alif and it translated as brush hhhhh  then I wrote the word with the Arabic joined letters and Leen wrote it too. It helps me build on my Arabic learning too. I like this how we learn share together. Later in the day Grandma videocalled from Turkey so I was able to show that her granddaughter had been practising Arabic writing...she was so pleased. 
So important to keep multi language skills alive in young minds to help for the future.
Belgium locals are brilliant at using Nederlandse French English 
But Arabic can feel a mystery with script and right to left writing. Also letters change whether beginning middle and end of word.
In our time together Leen was also  showing me some Maths Magic learnt at school. 
The schools are good .. I enjoy seeing classroom resources.  So impressed with way children from around the world are brought together through the city main language Nederlandse. 
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗