Friday 22 March 2024

School Exams

Facebook brought a timely memory today .. I fondly remember that day picking up Leen from school (see below) and her music melody. Now time has brought her to an important point in her schooling.. End of term exams. She is preparing for these we briefly talked last night. She has to concentrate on revision her time on the internet limited. However, I saw how she had buddied up with one of her sparky friends that attended the birthday party. They have been snapchat helping one another with homework. I have also told her to text me if she needs any help. The exams are important but I also know the school and teachers are progressive and have a clear goal to help all develop to full potential..  So all the best for exams Princess Leen. 

When I was in UK parliament on Tuesday evening at the Rebuilding Education after 14 years austerity seminar, I shared the story of Leen. The history project that the teacher had orchestrated about the 1953 great flood of Oostende. Videocall Learn Share How pupils designed flyers & posters to reach out to locals in the community who had lived through this. The children had invited locals to school to be interviewed and designed questions to ask. I pointed out how Leen had participated in this project using Dutch language yet was able to explain this to me in English.. my Professor of Linguistics.. 😊 The panel were well impressed as a perfect example of progressive teaching and developing language skills too!