Wednesday 14 June 2017

Refuge and Sharing

Refuge Screening & Expert Panel ... Prof Haskel, Chair in Economics; Dr Fasani Queen Mary Uni; Catrin Nye BBC reporter and documentary maker; Anna Jones, RefuAid and Ahmad Al-Rashid Campaigner Refugee & Forced Migration researcher.
Imperial College in Partnership with UNICEF NEXTgen for the screening of Refuge - Human Stories from the Refugee Crisis...
The film is very moving always I feel for the layers upon layers of grief refugees are dealing with plus horrendous memories of the war, broken lives and families..
We had a time of sharing after the film and panel discussion.. In this discussion a look at how we can turn the whole situation around to benefit host countries. This is akin to my thinking and observations of how we can turn this crisis into a Global Family Sharing and linking up traders and businesses... help the refugees to expand on their skills for all to benefit and rebuild. I really do think midwifery training for the womenfolk that are interested in this would be a wonderful project. 
Some wonderful contacts made and I look forward to more time sharing our experiences.  I am happy to give talks on all I have learnt and continue to learn from my Family Link Up.