Monday 5 June 2017

Sheffield Day of Sharing

Had an amazing day in Sheffield at The Circle. What a lovely centre in Sheffield dedicated to volunteering. They have schemes to help the refugees that have been settled in this Sanctuary City. Some are now mentors and instructors on courses, workshops and conferences. A great time of sharing with other volunteers that work with refugees in camps across Europe and here in the UK. Was lovely to have the refugees make us a lovely meal for us to share together....  sharing as a Global Family....

The day of sharing was enhanced on my return to London in that on my way home met Lord Dubs on the circle line underground. Was able to show him all I have been doing today.  He was well impressed and we are going to meet up after the election to debrief on all that I am achieving as an individual carer/befriender.  Been a extra special day as that "chance" meeting of Lord Dubs on my return to London only came about as I came home on an earlier train. Like all had to be. Thanks to my Iranian activist friend that paid for my train ticket to attend seeing the importance of the conference... Working together is important to support one another.  



Family Link Up - be part of the story
Donate through gofundme Thank you 
¸╭•⊰ GoFundMe ღ¸╭•⊰