Wednesday 14 June 2017

Time close of move

Just chatting with Boshra on facebook and it is confirmed they will be flown out of Athens to be resettled in Belgium on the 22nd.  

Suddenly feeling emotional as wish I could get out to Athens to be with them and fly with them.  The UNHCR organise the flights for them... 

But if I could get out to Athens for their farewell from the camp and to see the all the womenfolk and families I have shared so much time with would be great.  

Or even if I could get out to Belgium to meet Boshra and the girls that would be good. But I need the funds to do all this. So frustrating. I have the desire the passport the missing link is the funding to do this..  

We have made memories in Athens and had some fun - loved the day Princess Leen was bird chasing in the square... looking so cute in the clothes that had been sent from Wembley. The boots my friend had given me money to buy for her.  

The lovely time with my kindhearts fundraising I was able to get out and meet Leen's new baby sister Celine this year.  Thank you all for making this possible.    I must not lose contact with them and Boshra has promised to keep me updated with photos and films for me. She will let me know of the new place. 

Been thinking maybe one of my daughters and my grandson Sam could come with me on a bargain weekend break to Belgium on the Eurostar and we all go and check Boshra and the girls are ok.  All needs funds and I am so reliant on donations, fundraising and any sponsors reading this or hearing of my Family Link Up project.  Today was speaking with a local promo firm and maybe we can get some ideas to help leverage this project.  As wowee would it be then lovely to get over to Dante and now his mama in Turkey with photos and gifts to show that they are settled safe....                  
Today got a nice jacket from Caroles knitting stall in Uxbridge and it goes well with a dress I bought a few weeks ago for Princess Leen... Boshra was concerned not to send the parcel chance it arrives after they have left the camp. So this will have to wait till new address is known.  This is the uncertainly in the refugees lives till they can get somewhere to throw more permanent roots down. 
Helping to Link up a refugee family scattered is an amazing project.
I share their worries and concerns, their laughter and their sadness. 
Respond to their practical needs and make visits as I can to link up. 
But most of all I am committed to helping them rebuild their lives 
and 
one day be able to be together again. 
 Family Link Up - be part of the story
Donate through gofundme Thank you 

¸╭•⊰ GoFundMe ღ¸╭•⊰