Saturday 25 February 2017

Painful Missing

I am mega missing being with this little Princess of Smiles and all the residents in the camp.

Absolutely enjoy being around all the children too.... 

Princess looks good in that top with the lace - that was one of the tops from Amaya......

Those of you that are following the story will know the situation round the donation of clothes I took on the last trip out. (See blogposts from 2016)
I was talking with Amaya's mother yesterday... bless her she is going through a lot of grieving but is so so happy that her daughter is helping so many in the camp. 
I still sometimes feel we will go together one day.  

I have never ever felt so utterly grounded with no funds to get on the plane and go.


For someone that has been a good earner in the past and traveled back and forth to many places in the world this comes as a bitter pill to be without funds....



Something fascinating happened yesterday.... it started with me receiving a letter at midday... the post late.  But look a letter from Brussels.... 


At first I thought I had been shortlisted for salaried contract with the EU that I had applied for..... But it was a letter from the European Commission - The Directorate General Migration and Home Affairs....it was in response to the many emails and letters to find funding for this Family Link Up project....


It is the usual recognising my efforts but the funding is not accessible for individual carer/befrienders....


So I am incredibly reliant on donations to get me out.  I will continue to keep applying for grants, paid posts and look for sponsors.  But the day took another twist.  I rang the Doctors of World as we had been talking a couple of weeks ago about maternity services... and told them about this constant chase for funding leading to the same dead end.... Then I was told that the President of the Royal College of Midwives Prof Lesley Page was actually in Athens looking at the maternity services in the camps... Wow Lesley was the Director of Midwifery Services at St Thomas's Birth Centre when I was a midwife there.  I was so wishing I could have gone with her to Athens... I emailed her and tweeted her to see if she could go and see Boshra....


But the email was in the afternoon... I got a lovely warm and caring response from her... as that is what she is like a good kindly person.  She was in Athens airport on the way back to the UK..... and she was sadden as she actually had been in Eleonas Camp in the morning for a show round.  Had she known about Boshra she would have surely gone to see her and check she was OK.... ohhh for that moment I felt connected..... I hope we can meet to share on all we have observed and experienced... 


Wowee that was some day yesterday...

Readers, and I know I have many regular visitors to this blog when I look at my stats.... I am grateful for your interest.  But please can you help me... Be part of the story of help and care.... if you can donate on the gofundme link that would be wonderful.... and do let me know if there is any problem with this... and you can contact me on facebook Marjorie Bahhaj... and email me if you have any ideas on fundraising for me..... Many thanks


 ✿ღ¸╭•⊰ https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes  ღ¸╭•⊰✿