Thursday 2 February 2017

Trudeau amazing

Justin Trudeau
Justin Trudeau is an amazing model of a world leader I have just seen in my facebook newsfeed his video address to John McCallum for service to Canada and he makes me realise how much that Canada has done to open the doors to the Syrian refugees.  Admirable and inspiring.
John, you fulfilled one of our most important commitments: to bring nearly 40,000 Syrians to Canada. Thank you. Stéphane, you’ve served our country with courage and conviction – thanks for your leadership, advice, and friendship.
My comment post to him: 
"you are an amazing role model to the world of leaders... thank you shukran for bringing Syrian refugees home to help them heal from their horrendous trauma of the war, I counsel refugees and see so much pain layers upon layers of grief from losing their loved ones, some whole branches of families from illegal to Article 51 airstrikes upon them. I see grief at losing their country a place they loved to be ransack and savagely destroyed by a leader that was supposed to protect them and their country, but values his corrupted regime over their lives.... I see the loss of dreams and aspirations as many were just about to graduate from university. Many are graduates and have expertise and skills to help enhance any community that welcomes them. I link up a Syrian Refugee family that like many are scattered between Turkey Greece and Germany ... I have visited family members in both Turkey and Greece and am fond of them all they inspire me with their tenancy to hold on to life and their dreams to rebuild against adversity. I spent time in Eleonas Camp with Boshra and her family she a business studies graduate and she took me to Scaramangas camp to meet friends where I was introduced to a Veterinary Surgeon of 20yrs and his wife a qualified infant school teacher. So many rich assets that Assad has thrown away for other countries now to value. I am desperate to get back to Eleonas camp to help Boshra with the birth of her second baby.. as a rtd midwife a carer/befriender but i have no more personal funds to do this alone. I have written around to UK parliament and EU parliament and the answer is the same wonderful what you doing Marjorie we can see your commitment and passion and yes there is a pot of billions of euros to help refugees BUT it is only for organisations not individual carer/befrienders... I am not alone in this role many nationals have become carer/befrienders and we need to be recognised for all we are doing. I evidence my work and write reports to the UNHCR in London I educate myself on the wider political arena with attendance in parliamentary meetings. I am studying International law with Leiden university thankfully a free online course with coursera.org. This project is my life for the rest of my life and I will not R.I.P. until this family have their lives rebuilt and are together or have the freedom to be together to travel to one another to have a home and dreams restored.. 

Note: Justin I am in dialogue with the RCM to see if we could get a project of training Syrian women in midwifery to help their community and host countries?! 

Sage Femmes rebuilding their lives helping new life in the world...would be wonderful...!