Wednesday 15 February 2017

London Love


oh my old professional home of the birth centre in St Thomas's Hospital. Yes this is the view from one of the windows on the unit... in the lovely garden room... It was good to visit yesterday and see some of my midwifery colleagues again and Ben, the anaesthetist I would work with and helped when one of my grand daughters came in the world. Some good hugs too... The board was busy busy with lots of Valentine babies coming in the world... could have just thrown some scrubs on and got whizzing around helping.  

Yesterday had a good atmosphere in London Valentine's Day with men carrying round bunches of flowers lol.  So I was busy spreading the love on the hoof to get some support for my family link up project.  The day started with some time in my MPs office talking with Helen the hardworking local PA for our MP & Shadow Chancellor.  She has been trying to get a solution to finding funds for the project... Was shocking to hear of more poverty reports here in our town. money is tight for many.    

Managed to talk with some brothers coming  out of prayers at the local mosque and they took photos for my flyer to see how they could help. Pray they get some donations for me or some ideas on fund raising... 

Then off to London to the Royal College of Midwives.. apparently this over 60 could apply to do a Return to Practice course.... I just need a couple of night shifts a week to help fund this project.... I then hot footed round to the NMC and the RCN to see how to get some funding.... but I am going round in circles with this as there is no clear pathway for some £££ in my hand...  I reckon I would need £1000 for the trip to Athens to help Boshra... the flight, some funds for maternity things she will need and for the new baby and some food and clothing for her and the neighbours in the camp.. The community will want to celebrate the new baby with a feast and welcoming.


Called in the Women's Health Academic Unit where I had worked in a research post during my years as a midwife.... there was a lot of interest in the project.. and I have backed up my visit with an email to one of the professors too... You see readers there is an amazing opportunity to link up hospital research teams too.   So hope that my blog and my marketing will eventually see this... 


Good chats on the train going in to London and out with a couple of amazing young women. On the way into London an art student on her way to Wimbledon College we swapped details and hope we meet up again for coffee. her work was interesting too.  Then met a kindred spirit on the circle line on the way back home..... Holly who has lived and traveled in India and now looking for some work adventure in Europe... Hope Holly gets back to me..... would be great if we could get this project so zappy with funds that I can get further team mates helping me.... and we can help link up other families too. 

So great day yesterday just need some response in donations, signposts to grants that will be definite for me and some sponsors coming forward.... 

My readers how was your Valentine Day... hope the oxytocin looooove hormone was pulsating for you all.... :-) 


Donate through gofundme Thank you 
✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿ https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes  ✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿