Thursday 2 February 2017

Plea for me to be there

I am desperate to be with Boshra for the birth of her second baby - to be there as a carer/befriender and as a retired practitioner RM... just to give her support.  This family are my life now and feel very much part of my family.  

But I do not have any funds to get me to Eleonas Camp to be with her.  If I had funds I would have been able to have gone to her over Christmas to check on her and would be with her now.... and absolutely be there for the birth and early days to help with her newborn...as her mother would do if she was not trapped in Syria.  Families that usually are extended family networks of support and help one another are now scattered. This is where the carer/befrienders can step in and fill the gap with love, care and compassion. 

It is mega frustrating living on the doorstep to Heathrow Airport with flights so easy to get to Athens.. Once in Athens Airport the Metro link is direct to Eleonas and then a short walk to the camp. 

It feels easy to nip there but the nip there is impossible from lack of funds...

Please visitors to this blog could you click to the gofundme link and help with donations... You can be part of the story with your help.. 
Donate through gofundme 
✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿ https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes  ✿ღ¸╭•⊰✿
Many thanks Marjorie