Wednesday 23 November 2016

Longing to return

I am now finding I am upset every day with frustration that I cannot get back out to see this lovely little princess and her mother in Athens.  My dear Boshra is due a second baby in February and I would like to be able to help her.  I can only hope that this project will be seen for the amazing potential it has to help many... and to help link up business and traders too.  

There are the winter months to endure and would like to get more food and clothing to them. 

Alongside the need to get out to Athens there is the neonatal cargo to still pay for.  

The family in Turkey have some amazing developments for me to help with including the idea of a centre start up..... so lots to keep me busy but I still need the funding.  

As you know from previous posts my MEP response to me is there are EU funds for refugees but only for organisations not individual carer/befrienders......  something we need to look at as so many are going out to befriend families at personal expense. There is a human need to help as displaced families are now scattered due to political border closures..... and we have amazing lives to rebuild. 

This project is my life.    I am continuing to research on the issues and search for grants and sponsors and long term funding.  This project has great potential and lots of caring, learning and sharing at its core. 

While I am grounded in the UK I can offer 

  • To  present a talk on the project with a donation to fund raising......with this also help raise awareness of a cause for your organisation or group, as we blog and promote the event on social media.
  • Those wishing to improve conversational English I do hold a TEFL cert and can meet up to help you. I am in London we can have cafe table lessons in great places...So contact me if you need me to help you - fee is donation to the fundraising.  
  • Do you need any help with a project of yours for fee of donation to my project.
  • Is there any paid work that you think I could help with. 
  • Do you have concert gig where I can come along to promote my project and we do a joint social media promotion. 
  • As grandmother I can babysit too :-) so contact me fee donation to the Family Link Project. 
Any ideas for fundraising please contact me email marjoriesyardATgmail.com 
Let me know if you want a page promotion on this blog as the visitor stats build up. Fee donation to the Family Link Up project.