Friday 11 November 2016

Spotting shopping & Update

While I am grounded here in the UK - Can not help being a Great Aunt to my family and little Leen with all our little friends in the camp.  Keep spotting things I would like to get out to them... This ball is fun as it makes a boing sound when you catch it... so can imagine Leen giggling like crazy at this ... bless her.... but the fact it has animals in the different facets it is a great educational tool... hear me out lol  .... if you sat the kids round in a semi circle around you and had a throw and catch game you could ask in English, Greek or Arabic where is the Hen ... where is the horse... to build up vocab & understanding - can imagine it being fun with the boing noise and then they make the animal noises too...... ohhhh so miss being in the camp with the kids...... 
and these fun animal skittles she would love these... Found these in the Waterstones shop in Nottinghill Gate and then in the British library found the Zoo buggy book..... you can still use the visuals and play with all the different languages... not confusing as I see how the little ones are flicking easily in and out of the languages around them.... so much fun...and wonderful... 

I have also submitted an idea of for a series of Children's books to an agent... there simply has to be a way I can help rebuild lives and regain some financial dignity for them all too ... as they have lost so much... 


I am needing some donations for the womenfolk of Islamic clothing - so was looking at the mosque and have been asking the Sisters for help..... and I have written to companies..... but sadly no response to my call for help, though many have appeared interested....... I really do need some donations in the gofundme so I can 1. settle the neonatal cargo bill and 2. continue to get things that are needed, 3. continue to be able to get out in the field to help and befriend and perform ongoing assessment of needs and progress to resettlement.  

I have had a response from my MEP about funding and there is some funds but it is only for organisations not individual carer/befrienders like myself..... So I have to find a way to fund this project as it is my life now for the rest of my life..... My work as been commended and glad it is seen of value in effort love, care and compassion. 
Thank you for you visits to my blog and hope you can help.. 
if you have any fundraising ideas and want to get involved in the story then contact me on facebook or email marjoriesyardATgmail.com
WE owe it as adults in our Global Family to ensure our
 global kids are safe, loved and cared for... and have a future to enjoy!