Sunday 23 April 2017

Link up of Compassion

So ready for another visit to Eleonas Camp in Athens to see Boshra and the family again..... and would like to get over to Turkey to make the all important assessment of the needs in the community Dante is serving.   But I need funding for this and to ensure my home and needs are kept out of problems with LBH council.... I try to apply to join NGO but no offer as yet.....This project is my life and learning so much.  I gen up on all the facets of the project as I come up against the issues highlighted.  Yesterday I attended the Bloodwise meeting in London.. from a need to raise awareness that we have many refugees with cancers.  I needed to review my own knowledge since I am retired as a nurse & midwife but have an oncology background in nursing experience.  So you see I am very stimulated by the spin offs of this project. 

It was heartwarming when a patient survivor heard all about the family link up and the problems of refugees with cancer and said, "OMG we have been so lucky to have this treatment here in peace, how awful that there are others in the world that have this because of war and because of war have limited or no access to treatments."

There was a link up of hearts and compassion.... 

I am very fond of all the all the family and all they have shared and told me about and I am keen to help them. With this help the communities around them and the issues they face.  

Yesterday after the Bloodwise meeting in the Institute of Child Health I was able to nip round Russell square to SOAS to a Syria Solidarity UK meeting.  I was updating on the link up project and my visit to Eleonas Camp and the birth of Celine.  I shared my idea of a being able to train the Syrian womenfolk in midwifery and one of the members in the meeting was saying that some doctors in Lebanon had had the same thoughts too... So will link me to them.  

There is a lot of power in Link Up, so much opportunity to link up our Global Family.  Let me know if you can help me and get some funding for us to expand the links in the link up project. 
Family Link Up - be part of the story.....
Donate through gofundme 
thank you
¸╭•⊰ https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes  ღ¸╭•⊰