Thursday 20 April 2017

Update on Sham in Turkey

baby Sham our dear brave little lady that had the large dorsal thoracic tumour removed in Gazientap Turkey. Felt so so frustrating seeing her alone in the cot and if you remember I have been desperate to go and help her and the hospital teams. 

In my Nursing & Midwifery career I have experience in neonatal care... would help SCBU whenever there were shifts to do.... My heart just went out to this case... and the horror it maybe the result of the type of weapons used in Syria.

But we do have some update from Dante and there is a problem.  Her father is insistent to return to Syria and take her back with him!  Dante and the doctors that have been caring for her are so trying to get him to rethink.  He is worried about his father in Syria the grandfather of Sham... AND there is a sort of psychological denial of the fact that Syria is no longer the place they knew. There is almost a wanting to return to the dream of the past and what it was like.  This I hear in the counselling of other refugees too as part of their grief of losing their motherland, of losing all that was part of their identity from their roots in the land.  Dante has told him of the Family Link Up project and shown him how we have supporters from around the world following and caring for the story and pain they are in.  But seems neither Dante nor the Doctor can get through to Shams father the need to stay safe in Turkey.

I do wish I could go and see for myself the issues and make you all a report. This is where I could do with being in an NGO as a paid consultant and assessor of needs to be action planned to help.  I do find the whole situation an amazing interesting challenge to help the refugees in all the facets of their care and support.  Just to love and care and show we, the world do care about them they are not forgotten people and have a worth and we do value them and respect and feel for their pain... as the Global family we are.

I have been quietly collecting toys for her with what limited funds I have. I would like to get her some nice clothes and one of the baby bouncing chairs.. those cotton books and things to stimulate her development and growth. To make her giggle and be happy.

I have asked Dante to get us some update pictures of her too ... as we have not really seen her bonnie face and so want to see her with some glimmer of happiness and light in her eyes. So so difficult bonding and the geographical and lack of finances barrier between us.  We can but pray for her and her family and the father to see to be safe is the most important base for his decision making. 
Family Link Up - be part of the story.....
Donate through gofundme 
thank you 

¸╭•⊰ https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes  ღ¸╭•⊰