Wednesday 26 July 2017

Doctors Link Up

Had a lovely Tuesday evening meeting with Medact with group of doctors and researchers and students to assess the health needs of refugees... here in the UK and in the camps.  It was good to link up to a doctor in Holland that helps in Calais and Dunkirk with trips over to Brussels... Felt good to be able to tell him of my family unit that has now moved from Eleonas to Belgium... I would love to go out with the teams but as usual I need the funds... we all seem to be struggling with funds yet have hearts and care much bigger than our bank accounts and purses.  Here is the link to find out more about the work that Medact does.... https://www.medact.org/about/mission/
The evening was good for sharing all we know from the individual work we are doing and in my link up was able to give insights into Turkey and Eleonas. But also the APPG meetings that are relevant in Parliament.  One of the junior doctors was keen on the APPG meetings and not been aware you could go along and input on these groups... So good time sharing knowledge and experience. How much we can learn from the refugees too from the social work they are doing in their communities.  We all picked up on the need for language skills so was able to cross link them to all I had learnt over the last weeks meetings in the Arab British Centre and the British Council.... I am feeling that being retired and able to put as much time as I can in this project I am able to cross link and feed into those that are working in full time contracts and trying to follow their desire to help refugees too.... Readers of my blog I just need some funding to do all I want to do with this link up project.  

The evening meeting made me aware of the conference to come in York in September 4th-6th  looking at Health through Peace. 
Family Link Up - be part of the story
Donate through gofundme Thank you!
¸╭•⊰ GoFundMe ღ¸╭•⊰