Thursday 25 January 2018

Evening of sharing with Doctors

Very good evening of talks on healthcare access for refugees.  Useful I have my freedom pass to nip in to London for such useful times of sharing.  This was held in University College London and will be one of a series of talks.  I have learnt so much and experienced a lot over my time with Family Link Up ... I hope one day to be on the platform with some dedicated time to share.  I am very conscious of so much work everyone is doing as part of NGOs or as individuals so good to share and learn together and action plan for improved care and support.  We have a lot of lives to rebuild.  Good to feel Sr Marjorie tonight and who would have know when I first started nursing training in 1978 that my life would be so enriched with this project... But also out of extreme concern for the need for the world to learn to care for one another.  Good to have like minds with a desire to provide humanitarian aid to those in need. 
Loved my journey home on the train got sat with two young actors Ben and Ben - we had a good natter on the way home.. Lets hope between the doctors I met tonight and the actors on the way home we can come up with some fundraising ideas for me to continue my work with Family Link Up.