Wednesday 24 January 2018

Grandma

Today is my grandson's birthday and in the photos is me with him fifteen years ago born in York District Hospital.... I am always happy with babies in my arms.  I have spent my life as a nurse and midwife... I wish I could have still been in practice to earn for the Family Link Up project... But my career was abruptly stopped with ill health through difficult marriage break up issues. This is another reason why we all click together -  the refugees and me we have all been through traumas and lost all and now need to rebuild our lives. This project is my life and I learn so much.  The project has taken me on quite a journey from travel to Turkey to spending time in Eleonas Camp Athens and being a voice for my refugees in parliament.  I am not naive and have full comprehension of the war and the horrors that many have been through.  

I am a graduate nurse midwife with counselling skills.  But I am a mother and grandmother too.  So I blend all this into helping the family.  We have an amazing bond and I am proud to help them all.  The family I help are caring too so help all those around them in need of help. Whatever you give me in donations and funds will be put to good use and exactly to where needed... We have done a lot together but there is more to be done.  Children growing means more clothes, going to school they need more educational materials, they need food. The adults in the family need to build their language skills to get jobs.  The are all well educated and any team or organisation will have good team members and workers.  

I would like to visit Boshra in Belgium and see Princess Leen and Princess Celine so I can assess what resources are around them. During this time have some "Grandma" time together baking and drawing and learning together.  I would like to get Boshra sorted with art materials as she is a keen artist so this would be great to get her producing some work. It is more than time for lives to be rebuilt and to blossom to help themselves and the host countries. The family have a lot to offer the host countries for sure. I hope that this year I can return to Turkey too and meet the Grandma of the family.  I am grateful to Turkey to getting her safe as I was worried about her health.  Then there are the family members in Germany that I still have to visit and meet... We have a new baby due in Summer, after a 3 years separation of husband and wife it was to be expected we would have an addition... Takes no midwife to anticipate this fact.. lol 


While I was looking in my photo album for photos of Sam as a baby I found this cute one of Olivia one of my granddaughters when she was little and we had a fall of snow in London. She is at college now over her time at school she did a project on refugees.  I actually would like to travel with my grandchildren to visit the family we link up. So lots for me to do this year if I can get the funding.  


I am a hand to hand link up 
and can evidence your help with thanks!
This project is my life for the rest of my life for sure and there is so much we can do together in the family life rebuild. Don't forget you can help not only with donations but shopping online too.. and any ideas on fundraising let me know.. 
Shop Now
Family Link Up - be part of the story
Donate through gofundme Thank you!

¸╭•⊰ GoFundMe ღ¸╭•⊰
Love