Saturday 6 January 2018

Small package arrives

Bargain baby vests for Celine arrived with the some chocolate and a card for Leen to put in her bedroom. Good to have the link up even with small packages in the post. The cost of post is more manageable.... and keeps the flow of surprises & much needed things coming..... to feel the constant love and care..... 
Boshra was chatting to me last night and she was feeling she would like to send some gift to baby Ahmed in Turkey... He is her nephew and as auntie it is only natural to want to send gifts.   I was thinking dear readers and supporters if you can help with fundraising I could visit Boshra and the girls in the spring for Celine's first birthday and then travel to Turkey to take a gift and check on the family there...... or if not enough funds when with Boshra in Belgium we could package something to send by post.....
So frustrated without substantial funding and regular donations.... as there is so much I could do...... 

I am tapping into free courses online and presently on a three week course with the European University Institue on the FutureLearn platform.  This is looking generally at why do people migrate and has good modules on the Syrian refugee crisis.... I am learning but realising I have a lot to offer too.. as with Family Link Up project I have learnt and experienced a lot through the journey of befriending.  As a retired professional it my norm to research and learn and observe and make out action plans to help elevate problems and pain.   So you will see that while I blend in family love and care for my Family Link Up I do look at the wider issues too. I wish I could get funding for all I do.. as there is so much more I can do and develop with the help of my refugee families too! They are themselves a resource to tap into .. with many skills and much expertise. 
Any gifts you want to pass on to my Family Link Up project contact me!