Tuesday 13 December 2016

A shining star

This little girl is a shining star in the world and my life.  I feel very honored and privileged to have been given this project.  The family are amazing people to know as indeed many of our Syrian refugee families.  I feel humbled that I was considered worthy of helping this family from the first approach of Dante in Turkey.   The whole project enriches my life but opens my eyes to the plight of all.  

Each day apart is hurting me as I love sharing time with this little girl... there is so much for this Grandma to share with her and to help her learn.  The other children in the camp I just love being around... I  have no funds at this moment of time to go...... I really would have loved to have got over for Christmas to be in the camp... as I will be alone here in the UK.... better I am with this family.... I would love to have time in Athens a familar place now and take them all for a lovely meal and help stock up the cupboards with goodies for them to share with the other neighbours in the camp.... 

But I am stonewalled..... I continue to look for funding and applying for grants and even looking at this retired lady going back to some paid work to help.

If there is anyone with any offers to help please contact me ...... 

marjoriesyardATgmail.com 

and of course there is still the gofundme donation link as you can..... 

This substitute table in the camp fascinates me and I draw attention that the irony is that put it in some wacky art exhibition it could be worth 10s of thousands of £$  - gee that would be well used but the project to help the family and the families around them their communities...... We could look at rehousing with a massive lump sum......