Friday 9 December 2016

Frustration

Dante admiring a flower in Antalya this summer on my visit to him. He loves the beauty of flowers and draws strength from that beauty to neutralise the dark nightmare images he has seen and are scorched in his mind

Yesterday was difficult for Dante in Turkey- we get these hi moods and then low frustrated moods.  He just feels tied and stonewalled as I do too... In this he just wishes his family could be together safe and rebuild their lives.  They are a close family and mother and father important - so there is constant worry about them back in Syria. 

We managed some online chat for me to support him but he went off line to walk and walk and walk..... this is a common pattern in the post trauma and the continued frustration.  There can be hermiting away locked in depression and then bursts of energy from the stress to walk and try to make sense of it all.  It is so difficult for all those scattered and separated. I too am feeling this as I get more absorbed into the family with my support and love for them all. 

They are amazing people with a lot to offer the world yet can feel abandoned by the world.   So so difficult as the world seems in complete turmoil for us all.... and the dark winter months do not help.  I wish I could get out to see him and the community in Turkey - they have plans for a drop in centre with all aspects of care and support to be available with healing and practical advice and directions to rebuild lives. 

I enjoy this project and am learning so much - it is privilege to be a link up for the family; and this family do so much for the surrounding communities so through them I can help so many. 

I really feel together we can link up local traders and businesses and universities and teams.  We really do need to become a Global Family.  I hope that I can find funds to continue this project.  I would love now to be able to jump on a flight go to Athens check on Boshra and her pregnancy and have some time with her and Leen ... make sure they have enough provisions for the winter and have some treat time in Athens.... Then go over to Turkey to have some time with Dante more direct link up of brother and sister and have some time walking and talking and listening to him to guide him through the pain and frustration.  

If you can help with donations I still have the gofundme link for you to donate through.  Or if you have any ideas on grants and sponsors and fundraising then let me know... marjoriesyardATgmail.com  Everything I do with the funds I can evidence so you are part of the story. Remember all I do I report back to the UNHCR and my MP..... I am applying for paid jobs too and actually am frustratingly trying to work through the most incredible online application form for a post with the UNHCR........ So I am trying.   AND of course we have loads of writing material for a books if we can get an agent and publisher..... Not all do I share on this blog there is so much story to still to share......