Friday 9 December 2016

With Greece

Yesterday there were strikes in Greece.  I and my refugee family express our solidarity in the pain of the problems being faced.  We have noticed the pre-existing problems.  For this we wish we could help and one of the main reasons I like to be able to take funds with me to spend in the local shops in Athens.  It is important to respect the host country and help and this is what my family feel too.   

I am still searching for funding for this project to be able to help link up business and trade in order to help all.  For as I travel between the UK, Greece and Turkey I can see we all have some major economic problems.  I just wish I could have time with our Mayor of London to brainstorm on ideas on how to help one another.  Even in the journey towards Brexit we still can help one another surely?

You can read With Greece 2016 report on the pdf link up 
http://www.asylumineurope.org/sites/default/files/resources/with_greece.pdf

You will see that there is enormous strain on the economy but I have witnesses what Greece is doing in Eleonas Camp and Scaramangas camp and they can stand tall in all this as they are trying to keep the refugees safe with dignity.  It is good that all organisations work together.  

Princess Leen on my first visit playing with a ball in Omonia Square in Athens. lool love the bowling stance my father would have loved this as he was a keen Crown Green Bowler.....  
This was a lovely evening as an American couple of tourists had come up to us and were playing with Leen with the ball they had given her.  It was a very touching moment when they found out that she was a refugee. The American father came over to Mohammed and hugged him.  A man to man moment -  a father to father moment of the American hugging the Syrian and saying "I cannot imagine all you have been through man but I would be doing the same getting my family to safety."

For that time we were a Global family... American Syrian Yorkshire lass in Athens Greece...  Surely we can be that in the world all the time a Global family caring for and respecting one another.