Tuesday 6 December 2016

Emails today

It has been an amazing past 18 months with Dante approaching me for help and trusting me with his family.  The project of caring and befriending and being able to link up the family has been and continues to be a wonderful enriching time of learning and sharing. I feel very much one of the family and am fond of them all.. I hope that with prayers and inshAllah we can all be together one day safe including his parents.  We need to pray for peace in this season of a message of Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all mankind.  We are indeed if only we can see it beyond squabbles conflicts and power trips a Global family.  Families just wishing to be happy and fulfill dreams.  

I have been fortunate with a small nursing grant and the release of some my NHS pension been able to do what I had longed to do... Get up off my sofa from watching the crisis unfold on the TV news and get out to help and meet up with the family. What an amazing privilege.  I love travelling and meeting people and in the past traveled to many places including lived in India... I have always been part of the community where ever I go..... I enjoy learn and sharing in communities. Even in my relief work in Romania after the revolution I would sit in the homes of locals and listen and find out about their pain and experiences. 

I have however not come to this point in my life a woman of substance to be able to quietly manage this project.  I am very reliant now on funding.  All my attempts now to write to trusts, organisations, MPs, MEPs and even presidents and Speaker of the House.... all have brought email responses to commend this work and respect all I am doing.  But I am in a tricky situation as funding is there for help with refugees but only for organisations not individual carer/befrienders.  

I have had emails today from a couple of UK based trusts and they are unable to help with funding as this work extends out of the UK.   But one at least is happy to promote my project in the hope that donations, fundraising, pathways to grants that could be positively offered and sponsors may be excited to help me.... 

This project is my life.    I shall continue to research on the issues and search for grants and sponsors and long term funding.  This project has great potential and lots of caring, learning and sharing at its core. 
While I am grounded in the UK I can offer 

  • To  present a talk on the project with a donation to fund raising......with this also help raise awareness of a cause for your organisation or group, as we blog and promote the event on social media.
  • Those wishing to improve conversational English I do hold a TEFL cert and can meet up to help you. I am in London we can have cafe table lessons in great places...So contact me if you need me to help you - fee is donation to the fundraising.  
  • Do you need any help with a project of yours for fee of donation to my project.
  • Is there any paid work that you think I could help with. 
  • Do you have concert gig where I can come along to promote my project and we do a joint social media promotion. 
  • As grandmother I can babysit too :-) so contact me fee donation to the Family Link Project. 
Any ideas for fundraising please contact me email        marjoriesyardATgmail.com