Monday 5 December 2016

Knitting with Love

My way of coping with not being able to afford the fare to return to the Eleonas Camp.  I spotted some twinkle wool in the local Uxbridge Pavillions so decided to knit for Princess Leen... I used to enjoy knitting when my children were babies and tots and for my grandchildren too... the grandkids are beyond wearing the granny knits stage now lol So now it is time for my knitting skills to be for Princess Leen.  I hope I can go out to give this and to take some wool and patterns to sit and teach the mothers... My mothers in the camp will be able to knit but it is the reading of patterns that may be a problem.  

There is as nice needlework shop in Athens that I spotted too near the Athens General hospital. 

It is good to be able to knit with love for Leen and I will do more as I can pick up bargain wools. I have finished the back and two fronts of the cardigan and just been knitting the sleeves while listening to the Parliamentary channel on Home Office questions.... John, the Speaker of the House is on good form today... I enjoy listening the speaker controlling the house.... I used to love Betty Boothroyd when she was in the post.  But I have special place now in my heart for John Bercow now he has seen this Family Link Up project and commended my commitment to this family. The commitment is from care for them and their situation and the need to rebuild lives.

I do hope you can help me keep the link up project on the go and help rebuild lives and be part of the story.....You can donate through the gofundme link or if you have any fundraising ideas please contact me on facebook or marjoriesyardATgmail.com 

Lulu Blanche given up chasing the wool and sleeping snugly now!