Thursday 19 January 2017

Carer/befriender

Foreign Office - image from 
https://www.flickr.com/photos/albedo/2956402180/in/photostream/

Today I received an email from the Foreign Office in reply to my email to ask for recognition of carer/befrienders that are helping refugees with various projects.  I was requesting that my Family Link Up project be given value and direct me to some help for funding.  Sadly the email does not address this plea direct rather simply narrates their overall concern for refugees and how a large pot of funds has been given to help with their support en masse. So all my contacting of EU parliament, our UK parliament and Foreign Office is simply saying funds are available but not recognising individual carer/befrienders to be able to apply for some of that funding. 

I continue to get my project recognised and continue to look for grants, sponsors, trade link up initiatives, fundraising and donations.  As I highlighted to the Foreign Office I evidence all I do and write and submit reports to the UNHCR in London. 

I am desperate to go to Eleonas camp to be with Boshra for the birth of her second child and have approached the Royal College of Midwifery to see if this over 60 retired RN RM could return to practice to earn again.  There is possibility and all I need is a trust to help me and to be occupational health checked.  But there was some interest in my project and we have some ideas on the burner... more on that when the ideas develop.

I also got a call from Amaya's mum yesterday the brave mother that donated her daughters clothes and neonatal cargo after her loss. See my archive posts to follow that story and my posts in the gofundme to show how I did get the donation to Athens. Bless her there is another mother that has suffered a loss and she too would like to donate the clothes and neonatal equipment left.... But I need funding to get this sent out & for me to also go out.  Amaya's mum is brainstorming on ideas how we can help me get over the lack of funding problem.  As I am a direct link up and work with care and compassion and report all I do and audit my impact of support. 

So my dear readers I am really needing donations and ideas on how to fund this project that is my life now.

Even today one of the LBH council housing workers came for the yearly update on my Sheltered bungalow and she could see me come alive when I told her all I am doing and my love for Princess Leen.... she loved seeing the photos... So the council need to think on how I can get recognised for this project and be given the financial dignity to continue this work... 

Hand to Hand Link Up