Monday 23 January 2017

National Hug Day

It was National Hug day on the 21st Jan as I keep seeing photos coming up in my facebook newsfeed.  So makes me think of my hugs in Eleonas Camp ... I really do miss being with all the families in residence there...... So miss them all... 

Been good today as I emailed the UNHCR here in London to update on all I am doing to try to get some funds to get back to the camp for the new birth due beg March.  Able to share some ideas and the feedback from the Foreign Office.... So frustrating as all can see I am passionate about this project and have a lot to offer..... but it is just getting the pathway to some funding for me...  It was good for the office to ring me back... I do welcome the emotional support I get from the UNHCR here......  

I have left a message on my MPs voicemail too today to ask again for an appointment to discuss all...... it is just he is so busy in his Shadow Chancellor role........

Was good to get respect from the UNHCR on the online courses I am studying while grounded here in the UK......Readers well worth you looking at the coursera.org site ..... I am enjoying some free courses...... 

Now I have passed Human Rights & Open Societies with Utrecht Uni

I am also studying:-  

International Law with Leiden Uni 
Childrens Rights with Geneva Uni

and all from my sofa with my lap top here in West London...!

So maybe over 60yrs but my CV is seriously building good......

I await short listing for some paid jobs applied for.....

I also have been working online with Dante to develop his CV and he has applied for some work in Turkey now work permits are possible for refugees... 

so wishing him luck on this....

In the meantime you can help me with my gofundme and contact me with ideas on fund-raising or sponsorship....


Many thanks to my readers..