Wednesday 20 December 2017

Christmas parcels arrived in Belgium

 Two happy girls! 
Well impressed with the parcel post given the lead up to Christmas and high volume of post.  Two boxes I sent arrived today ... only posted on Friday but we still need to get the package with the bilingual books.. so pray that comes! Maybe through tomorrow. Got these happy photos of the girls exploring all the goodies sent.. So happy I had a donation on gofundme that has helped with the postage as I was a little shocked at the cost of post.. could have been my fare to coach and ferry to see them.  But both Boshra and my daughter said wait mum for better weather. So aiming for Celine's first birthday. 
When I skyped Boshra after getting the photos - Boshra showed them both out of the count in a excited burnout sleep.. so sweet....

I am so grateful they have the dignity of a home now after all they have been through.  I would strongly recommend others to befriend refugees it gives them so much hope and value, respect to their plight and need to rebuild their lives, helping to heal and regain dignity... Last night saw reports from Lesbos of the deteriorating conditions in the camps there.  Greece tries so hard I have borne witness to this.. but it seems the spotlight gone from refugees needs, though we have many dedicated volunteers helping- still more help is needed.  The adults and the older children are traumatised and are all patients by the fact they have been through trauma and uproot.  Through my support of the families scattered between Turkey and Europe we can help many as they help in the communities too. If you wish to befriend we can help you contact a family too.  They are not asking to be sponsored to resettlement though that would be good. They just need to feel recognised valued to give some hope for rebuild of lives....
We have come along way since the crossing to Greece and now resettled in a home in Belgium for Boshra.. Leen has embraced the situation as a happy child accepting the situation - making friends and learning as much as she can on the way. 

Princess Leen will start school in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium in January and will embrace yet another language.  Not three years till the 21st of Jan and speaks three languages. Amazing! 
I am a hand to hand link up 
and can evidence your help with thanks!
This project is my life for the rest of my life for sure and there is so much we can do together in the family life rebuild. Don't forget you can help not only with donations but shopping online too.. and any ideas on fundraising let me know.. 
Shop Now
Family Link Up - be part of the story
Donate through gofundme Thank you!
¸╭•⊰ GoFundMe ღ¸╭•⊰