Tuesday 5 December 2017

Tweets to Parliament

Today was the APPG Refugees meeting in Parliament to look at reuniting families... I had not known about this otherwise would have gone.  I usually keep my eye on the meetings of relevant APPG groups..... But today I had to stay too as I wanted to be around for skyping Boshra... as today the case worker in Belgium was to meet up with them..... I had hoped to talk with the case worker too. But plans changed in that they had to go to the office to meet up rather than her come to them at the new apartment.  
I am waiting now for Boshra to chat with me to update... I do wish I could go - the fare my daughter will help with but I need some funds for a good winter shopping session for them.. Arts materials for Boshra and some baking things for the new kitchen.  
The APPG Refugees attendees put a fun framed photo on twitter from Westminster hall... so been tweeting back our fun online frames of the girls and Ahmad.... I am tweeting some updates to the meeting as it happens... 
Happy to report that Asma been reunited with her husband in Germany after 3 yrs apart.  But also made them aware that sometimes families are settled in the same country but geographically at a distance and cannot afford to travel to one another.  I highlight the plight of Mjed being in hospital with pleural effusion and his sister not able to get to him.  
I continue to ask that carer/befrienders like myself be recognised for funding for our projects.  I am not the only one that cares, there are others with projects too. I have linked them to the Sheffield meeting I attended in Summer on "Optimising the support of refugees" and how there are many volunteers both in the UK and in the camps that are doing support work at their own expense or with gofundme donations... 
We are frustrated as we can see all that needs to be done and so many ideas that could rebuild lives - but need the funds to take these forward.  I have no issue with evidencing and reporting that is part of me as a retired professional nurse/midwife... This comes naturally to see problems design a care plan to solve or lessen problems and evaluate. 

What was life without the internet this is amazing I am at home yet able to reach in to this meeting in parliament with tweets...Lol President Lady Marjorie now.. and were there is a will there is a way.... All day been feeling I should be in Parliament... anyway got two meetings there next week... one APPG Friends of Syria and the other the WASPI debate and protest... Granny Revolution for our State Pension... wow if I get the compensation we are all after then I can do some more field visits for this project. 
And to remind you we desperately need some funds for Winter Shopping to keep warm! Please if you can help I would appreciate your support. 
This project is my life for the rest of my life for sure and there is so much we can do together in the family life rebuild. Don't forget you can help not only with donations but shopping online too.. and any ideas on fundraising let me know.. 
Shop Now
Family Link Up - be part of the story
Donate through gofundme Thank you!
¸╭•⊰ GoFundMe ღ¸╭•⊰
Get Ready for the Festive Season as we move closer Christmas!
Great gift ideas and all of these would please!
The commission on shopping can help me with this project.

★ *¨*•.¸¸Check it out with me ..★ *¨*•.¸¸ 
Shop Now