Sunday 11 September 2016

First Visit to Athens

This is from my first visit to the Athens camp. My first contact with the family Boshra her husband and little Princess Leen. They were trying to get to their brother in Germany when the borders closed. First they were in the port camp Pireus then the government housed families in these prefab homes. Each home houses two families with a shared shower and loo. So in the middle is the bathroom and each side has families. Here is a permitted glimpse of another family in the other half of the chalet prefab... with a curtain screen to give some privacy. 
The sweet and adorable Princess Leen ... she is my princess I really enjoy her company.  I feel a sort of Great Aunt to her now.  She is little noor light in the world. 

The day of registration of the families now in this camp which is west of the city. 

Greece has had to cope with massive numbers of displaced people and according not only to my observation; but is documented in the 2016 report With Greece, the border closures have made a dramatic shift in transient to permanent need for resettlement.  This places a huge burden on the country and resources.  Something Boshra as a graduate in Business management as seen put strain on a already struggling economy.  

For this reason too we wish to help as much as we can in the local communities.  
We see that there is a perfect opportunity for cross linking businesses to help turn around the situation for the benefit of all.    This blog I have decided to put together so I can help promote businesses in the places where I am travelling to link up the Family.  

So for example: This is already being promoted on another of my blogs hydrate.blogspot.com from the return of my trip.  On the next trip will sure be getting more of this goodies as they are good. 
ohhh love the olive oil soap from a really nice shop in Athens...found near the central market on the street link between Omonia and Monastraki lool before the wonderful ice cream parlour we found and enjoyed together - my cute little princess and her mum and me had a good girlie day together....... Wish I could share the photos of us but I will be able to one day when it feels safe to do so.... when we help our Syrian refugee families we have to think of the problems that can be faced to family still in difficult places in Syria.........But wallah - Honest this soap is good girls.... you do not feel you need to put on any moisturiser after a shower ....your skin feels loved and cared for Well impressed with it.... and Athens is a great shopping place too...

and these again have been on display on my hydrated blog... look since 
SATURDAY, 2 JULY 2016

Greek Goodies

The airside shop in Athens has some really yummy products.... This brioche with cinnamon and iced was well quick to go....just so so yummy with a nice coffee....
This is nice with ground sesame seeds....
Really nice selection of Four Seasons honey too this will be great in my herbal tea to sweeten.....