Tuesday 13 September 2016

Productive Day In Parliament

Good APPG Friends of Syria meeting in Committee Room 16 today. The room packed with those interested in trying to problem solve to lasting peace.  Was a very goosepimples touching minute silence to remember Jo Cox MP- she is sadly missed by us all and from the refugees out in Turkey they sent a message through me how much it hurt them to lose her. The felt they had lost the biggest friend and voice in the world.  There is a request from Dante and his community of refugees in South Turkey to set up a centre for them in memory of her.  So I was able to pass on the idea for consideration. 
Speakers gave good input and good questions and comments shared... just wish we had more time but some of us went off in huddles later to share further.  My flyer came in useful to raise awareness of my project, its further potential and the need for funding.  I did manage to lobby my MP after the meeting and his PA came to listen to me.. We are planning a local meet up on my return from Athens.  Good to get an interest from a songwriter and also the National Audit members that were on site displaying their promotion stand. 
Dear Jo we will endeavor to carry on in your spirit and ensure refugees are protected and respected - Most of all as I am trying to show the world in my project are families - families that simply want and need to heal and rebuild their lives in safety and peace.  We need to be evolutionary adult now to be able to be a Global Family working together for the good of all.