Monday 12 September 2016

University link potential

Attended the Brunel University open day over the weekend and made me think this is another major potential of this Link Up project to network with Universities too.  I would love to develop this project and its funding to help fund students for work experience with refugees and to stimulate other spin of projects too..... For example the Students of Edinburgh university have developed Solar charging stations for mobile phones to help the refugees. Their mobile phones are crucial to keep in contact with friends and family and to seek help. This solar charging initiative helped to stop this dangerous practice out of necessity  in their situation  - look wiring into street lamp posts. 
 
And you can read more on this project with with this link https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/project-elpis-mobile-environment#/

So lots of potential if we all link up to turn this situation around and help to rebuild lives...I have just rung Brunel to get an appointment to discuss this further.. While in Athens will make contact with their University too... and also pursue my contact with the Athens Mayor. 

I am in parliament in the morning in a committee meeting for the APPG Friends of Syria so will see also if I can get some time to discuss this be it at the next meeting scheduled or a separate discussion. In the afternoon will Lobby my MP and Shadow Chancellor too John McDonnell.  

Be part of the developing story and help with donations for me to build this project for the benefit of all... Many thanks Marjorie