Sunday 18 September 2016

Reflective this morning

Proud to wear my UNHCR band from yesterdays walk ... as soon as the London team saw me was hugs and Marj wear your band for us.... For sure amazing team and the support you give me and my family link up ..... as I look at this photo I feel a little moved when I think of all the babies my hands and arms have seen in the world and held and cared for..... Miss my midwifery and that privilege of seeing new life in the world......

This poster touched me yesterday as yes we want peace in the world. To be a global family in peace.

Message to the marchers yesterday in London:
Thank you for all your kind words of support on my Syrian family link up project as I walked with you all. I chatted with my family members last night both in Turkey and Greece and they send their thanks for all you are doing. It is a good job I am out in Athens next week as Boshra is feeling unsure about an interview for a relocation so I will be with her and the family for this to oversee what is being planned for them. I was concerned she is saying little Leen is losing weight so will be able to assess the situation and get her to the Doctors of the World for us to action plan if needs be. We can eat well together while I am there too.....and lots of love to help... .Please help me as you can you can be part of the story as I update on this project and I can help the others in the community too through my family. Thanks Shukran

I talked to many of the marchers yesterday highlighting that we have two types of situations with the children in the camps.  Those that are traumatised by being in the war and all the anxiety of fleeing in dreadful circumstances. We have those that have been born in the camps that are like little lights of happiness untainted by the war, that are so happy as babies and toddlers.  But as think on this situation that Boshra tells me about I wonder if now Leen is picking up on the anxiety of her mama....

I am so glad I have booked this trip to get out to be with them and assess the situation and link in to what is needed to help.