Thursday 16 March 2017

Setting off to Athens from Heathrow

Last Friday I set off to Athens from T2 Heathrow with Aegean Airlines.  I did hit up against an extra payment problem in that the bag in the hold needed to be extra payment... not as excess baggage.... but somewhat like some of the cheaper flight companies do... This is completely new to me as someone that has traveled extensively.  But it does appear that the national company airlines are doing this now.... strange as this increases cabin baggage I see as people try to get round this extra payment.  But I was so grateful to this flight being paid for and so happy to get out to see the family again in Eleonas camp

Arrived in Athens early in the morning I relaxed till the metro open and also this pharmacy shop on the departure floor near the e-relax room.  It was lovely to meet Dimitra again the shop assistant that takes a keen interest in the family link up project.  She always leads me to some bargain buys and gives me extra goodies to take to Boshra at the camp.  She was delighted to hear about the new baby...