Sunday 5 March 2017

Preparing

Been tidying my desk... well supposed to be a dining table but me being me turns into a desk... lol So good found my Athens map and the Greek phrasebook.  I am getting quite familiar with the place from just the couple of visits so far.  It is quite funny like living and working in London you see the famous sites but in passing on your way to work or on a mission.  

I do like to try the Greek language as I love language learning it is good fun. The locals with me trying to use it have a giggle at my attempts to say words.... the scientific formula language as I call it with all the alpha beta mu and sigma pi  lol must sound like Yorkshire Greek... 

The Camp is a laugh too as we say Good Morning in so many languages as we pass one another - other international workers, locals and the refugees. It puts a twinkle in our eyes as we are all trying to learn one another's languages......
and nearly got them all saying " hi are lass how ist tha doing today?"

I am thinking I will take this lap top with me on this trip... as not only for the wifi to update you all that are now my team of supporters..... but I can show the Syrian refugees my powerpoint files on my self learning the Meemie Jeemie's  of Arabic...as the squiggly writing is now making sense to me .... I have gotten into the trick of the letters changing from being in the beginning middle and end of the word.    I can type it and then analyse the dynamics.... 

Between us we can cross learn English or Yorkshire and Arabic.... :-)

Good I have found the Map of Athens as I can map out some target visits to the hospital where Boshra delivered... and can go back to the team to thank them.  Plus see the team that took the neonatal cargo donation from the last trip.

So much to do and be Great Aunt to my now two Princesses.. and shop for food and clothes they need.

If anyone wants to learn more of the situation in Greece with the borders closing and the refugees now needing long term support..... you can read the pdf report With Greece 2016  I have the link in the side margin of the blog 

I will put it here in this post too for you to open and read up on 
http://www.asylumineurope.org/sites/default/files/resources/with_greece.pdf

But once I have got this visit sorted and can settle my mind on Boshra and the new baby and see Princess Leen.... I will need to switch my mind over to the community in Turkey too where Dante is.  I can send or take printed photos of the new baby...it always feels a more intense connection that way as if they are touching one another.
this is when I took photos of Dante Boshra's brother to her from my Turkey to Greece link up... and she has these now on display near her bed in the cabin. It is so incredibly difficult for families to be separated.  Families that were tightly knit in their own country and home..... Of course many of us have family around the world and it can be tricky to get funds to visit .. but with our passports we can cross borders and visit.  They cannot do this now .. they are all stuck where they are.... Of course eventually some host nationality will be given, hopefully some work found to save some funds for travel.   But in the meantime it is nice for carer/befrienders to help connect them. I am not the only carer/befriender .....we had others that got up of sofas to respond to the images of fleeing on the TV...... But the issue is though our work at linking up families is seen as great we do not have any access to EU funding.  

So I am mega grateful for all my new supporters helping me help this family link up.  Through them we can help all the community around them too.  As this is what the family are like they help one another. 

I have some donated Turkish children's books to get out to Dante.. but will send a parcel this week when all the funds have cleared.. And I will share with you a brainstorm powerpoint on an idea we have for the community there.

I had applied for a paid post with IMPR but do not seem to have been shortlisted... I think the DOB on me is becoming an issue.... but not quite ready for being an old lady fully yet hhhhhh

ohhh let me show you hhhhhhh in Arabic is like a zipper watch with the letter hah over and over again ...... see one letter then two of the hah then three then a row of them... funny.. 
ه
هه
ههه
هههههههههه
Donate through gofundme thank you  

¸╭•⊰ https://www.gofundme.com/2k34fes  ღ¸╭•⊰